Because of her genuine interest in people, it’s no surprise that Louise Gunderson, the senior partner of The Gunderson Embree Group, has distinguished herself as one of UBS’s most successful Financial Advisors. She brings more than 40 years of experience helping sophisticated clients meet their most meaningful—and often complex—wealth goals. Louise focuses on providing advice and solutions to address all areas of her clients’ lives—from investment management and asset allocation to longevity and multigenerational estate planning, banking and real estate financing.
A wealth manager with extensive banking and investment experience
Prior to joining UBS, Louise spent six years with Merrill Lynch Global Wealth Management as a managing director of investments. Her experience also includes 10 years with Bernstein Investment Research and Management, serving as a Senior Financial Advisor and Principal managing over $1 billion of client assets. She previously spent 18 years at Chemical Bank in its credit, private banking and retail divisions, as well as five years as Head of Private Banking at Republic National Bank and Banca della Svizzera Italiana (BSI).
A nationally recognized industry leader
Local and national media have consistently awarded Louise for her expertise and dedication to her clients:
- Forbes America’s Top Women Advisors1
- Forbes Top 250 Wealth Advisors2
- Barron’s Top 100 Women Financial Advisors3
- Barron’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors4
- REP. magazine’s Top 50 Wirehouse Women5
- Featured guest speaker on Fox News and CNBC’s Squawk on the Street
- Featured in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and Bloomberg News
- Former Co-chair of UBS FA Advisory Council, charged with helping Financial Advisors and UBS serve clients better
- Recipient of the UBS Pinnacle Club’s 2016 Aspire Award
Living her passion for giving back
Louise is committed to giving back and making an impact in the communities she serves. She is proud to be a respected leader and mentor across industries.
- Auxiliary Board of Lenox Hill Hospital, board member
- Duke Cancer Institute, member of the Board of Overseers
- Wake Forest University Parents’ Council
- PENCIL’s Principal for a Day program with New York City public schools
- UBS women’s network mentor
- Girls Inc., recipient of the prestigious “She Knows Where She’s Going” award, recognized as a role model for tomorrow’s female executives
Louise is a graduate of Trinity Washington University in Washington, D.C., where she earned a bachelor’s degree in political science. She resides in Manhattan and Southampton with her husband, Lee, and has two daughters, Laura and Nina.
AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, HI, IL, IN, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA