Our office locations
1501 K Street NW
Washington, DC 20005
440 Monticello Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
At The Capitol Group Institutional Consulting, we’re passionate about helping our corporate, nonprofit and individual clients tackle complex situations to inspire confidence and meaningful results. From managing corporate retirement plans as a fiduciary advisor, to crafting investment policy statements for charitable organizations, or delivering comprehensive wealth planning for affluent families, we focus on what matters most to you.
For more than 20 years, our clients have benefitted not only from our comprehensive advice, but also from our unwavering guidance and commitment to helping them pursue their definition of success—and to be at their side every step of the way. As a multigenerational team, we bring an experienced perspective and level of understanding to your ever-changing needs, working closely together to help simplify your financial life.
We’re here for plan participants
We care about you and your ability to achieve your retirement savings goals and financial wellness. If you have any questions about your corporate retirement plan, call us at 833-841-1399. We’ll help you stay on track and get the most from your plan.
Credentials that build confidence
As a team of highly credentialed professionals, our advanced designations demonstrate our dedication to service at the highest level:
- Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP®)*
- Certified Investment Management Analyst® (CIMA®)
- Chartered Retirement Planning CounselorSM (CRPC®)
- Accredited Wealth Management AdvisorSM (AWMA®)
- Certified Private Wealth Advisor® (CPWA®)
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst® (CDFA®)
- UBS Senior Institutional Consultant
- UBS Senior Retirement Plan Consultant
Sandra M. Cunningham CFP®, CIMA® has been recognized as an industry leader.
- Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, 2019
- NAPA Top Women Advisor List, 2018, 2017, 2016
- Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors, 2016, 2018
- Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2020
- PlanSponsor's Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisors, 2014
- Washington Top 100 Wealth Advisors, 2013 - 2018
Our commitment to you
Focused on your financial future
Whether advising a plan sponsor on fiduciary responsibilities, working with a nonprofit to advance the organization’s mission or helping a family demystify the complexities of an estate planning strategy, we are a valuable resource.
When working with our team of dedicated professionals, you can count on:
A consultative approach
Everything we do begins with a plan. Our planning process starts with in-depth discovery and active listening to help us understand your goals and values. We then review your current reality and discuss both short- and long-term opportunities to increase your probability of success. With clear and direct recommendations, we simplify complex issues and offer a suite of financial solutions tailored precisely to your needs.
As a thoughtful and highly credentialed team, we commit to a sophisticated, disciplined investment approach that is always aligned with your objectives and designed to help you reach your goals. We maintain close working relationships with a wide array of professionals such as accountants and attorneys, as well as other UBS Financial Advisors with complementary skill sets. You also gain access to the global resources and thought leadership of UBS, one of the world’s largest wealth managers.
We commit to exceeding your expectations and delivering on a service experience that is responsive and accessible. Our proactive, ongoing communication keeps you informed and allows us to anticipate, prepare and act, always with your best interests in mind. We immerse ourselves in your business and your life, helping you think about what you want to accomplish and how best to achieve it.
Corporate retirement consulting services
Experienced in managing plan complexity
As a team with three senior retirement plan consultants, we’ve been serving the needs of corporate retirement plan clients since our founding in 1998. We provide deep experience to help you manage your plan in the best interests of your participants, while helping you meet the strategic goals of your organization.
We help you keep pace with changing regulations, stay on top of trends in the benefits marketplace and manage your fiduciary responsibilities. Whether we’re evaluating plan fees or creating a strategy for participant education, our retirement plan experience and specialized knowledge can help make your plan stronger for you and your employees.
Our comprehensive plan services are transparent, direct and designed to optimize outcomes. We can advise you on:
Plan health. We apply thoughtful, relevant strategies to optimize your plan so you can attract and retain the right talent, while providing for retirement security:
- Plan design consulting
- Fee and services benchmarking and contract negotiation with vendors
- RFP provider searches for record- keeper, TPA and financial wellness solutions
Fiduciary governance. To help you meet your fiduciary responsibilities, we provide investment advice as an ERISA fiduciary and keep your committee focused on what is important:
- 3(21) and 3(38) fiduciary investment advisory
- Committee fiduciary training and compliance checklists
- Coordination with your CPA, auditor and ERISA attorney
Retirement readiness. We deliver a personal level of support to your executives and workforce, helping to ensure they make informed financial decisions. We are always available to help your employees plan for future milestones:
- Employee communications strategy
- Group education and 1-on-1 financial planning sessions
- Executive compensation and advanced planning services
Addressing the specific needs of endowments, foundations and nonprofits
Endowments, foundations and nonprofits have a wide range of needs. We have extensive experience providing insight and guidance to investment committees and trustees representing associations, charities, hospitals, colleges, schools and other
We work closely with you to:
- Collaborate on investment policy statement
- Evaluate spending policy and long-term objectives
- Allocate assets and manage investments according to liquidity and longevity needs
- Provide fiduciary oversight and intellectual capital to board members and trustees
- Implement socially responsible investment strategies
- Coordinate philanthropic endeavors and leverage the UBS network
Helping you organize, plan and manage your wealth
No matter what stage of life you’re in or what financial challenges you face, we strive to be your one financial resource. From our years of experience serving business owners, executives and people from all walks of life, we can offer valuable perspective and help you align your investments with your values.
We deliver thoughtful solutions in the fields of:
- Portfolio development
- Risk management
- Family legacy planning
- Philanthropic planning
- Asset protection
Guided by your needs and goals, we create and manage a comprehensive financial plan for all you want to achieve.
Our team also works closely with successful entrepreneurs and business owners. We offer a full suite of advisory services to help serve all your business needs.