Integrity. Judgment. Experience. Dedication.
We believe our clients count on us. They know that we understand them and their families. They value that we’re attentive to their portfolios and all their wealth issues. They trust that we’ll help protect them and always provide sound advice.
We advise a select group of entrepreneurs, executives, private equity and venture capital professionals and their families. Working within one of the world’s largest wealth management firms with global resources, we provide comprehensive multigenerational financial planning, a disciplined investment process and exceptional service.
Chris Clifford has been recognized as an industry leader.
- Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, 2018, 2019
- Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
Collaborating and problem-solving
We believe an all-inclusive wealth management approach is the only effective way to serve clients with substantial wealth and complex financial issues.
- A network of professionals. Our deep experience with a broad range of financial, estate and tax issues helps us work closely with our clients’ accountants, attorneys and other advisors. Also, we have built an extensive network of specialists who complement our advice.
- Family office structure. For many clients, we serve as a virtual family office that supports them, their families and heirs in fulfilling their estate planning, wealth transfer and philanthropic goals.
- Family governance and multigenerational strategies. We work with families to build strategies that help protect the current generation and help propel future generations.
Disciplined advice for every phase of life
We help plan for future milestones, manage life’s transitions, and assess estate and wealth transfer strategies.
- Start with a plan. First, we focus on our clients’ vision of their future.
- Safeguard your future. We help safeguard our clients’ assets by developing a plan that is specific to their goals. We use our industry knowledge, legal experience and rigorous due diligence to build comprehensive financial and cash flow plans for our clients.
- Philanthropic and estate planning strategies. With our experience and professional network, we help protect assets, reduce estate tax exposure, transition wealth to future generations and increase philanthropic impact.
All the resources our clients need
We see the big picture: portfolio enhancement, wealth transfer, tax minimization and maximizing philanthropic impact.
- UBS Private Wealth Advisors. We provide access to UBS’s global platforms and the financial and intellectual strengths of our experts in Wealth Management, Asset Management and our Private and Investment Banks.
– Advanced Planning Group
– UBS Investment Bank
– UBS Private Bank
– Portfolio Advisory Group
– Third-party investment managers
– Global Family Office
- Open-architecture suite of investment solutions. We make investment decisions objectively, without any conflicts of interest. We evaluate all investment vehicles as tools for building a customized portfolio using a disciplined selection process.
- Research and analysis. Through UBS’s Chief Investment Officer’s team and UBS Wealth Management Research—our global research organization—clients have access to excellent market research and financial insights.
Personalized service that builds lasting relationships
We provide the individualized service of a boutique team backed by the strength and stability of UBS.
- Entrepreneurs and executives. Whether building or selling a business or transferring wealth, our experience and network helps us provide relevant planning strategies.
– Impact of stock options (ISOs, NQSOs), RSUs, Founders Stock and QSBS
– Pre-IPO planning
– M&A planning
– Benefit and compensation plans
– Income and estate tax planning and strategies
– Concentrated stock management and diversification
- Families with wealth transfer opportunities. We address every family financial issue ranging from retirement to wealth transfer to philanthropy.
– Tax minimization strategies
– Trust and estate planning strategies
– Succession and legacy planning
– Donor advised funds, private foundations, charitable trusts and philanthropic services
– Educating successive generations on prudent wealth management
– Risk management
- Facing life’s transitions. We deal with our clients’ most sensitive financial issues, including planning for a growing family, educating and helping propel future generations, and managing the financial impact of a divorce or the loss of a loved one.
– Income and cash-flow projections
– Managing substantial wealth for the first time
– Educational and retirement funding
– Modeling alternative financial scenarios
– Family financial dynamic issues
Being a part of the Bay Area
We are involved in our community, including volunteering for school programs and youth sports as well as sitting on the boards of arts organizations and the Boys and Girls Clubs.
We also help introduce our clients to philanthropic organizations through unique events.