“We take the time to listen and gain a deep understanding of you, your family and your business. We work closely with you to develop a plan that connects all aspects of your financial world and delivers the type of service you would expect from a family office.”
— Hingham Street Partners
Our disciplined approach, experience and tenure together as a team seeks to make a real impact on the lives of our clients.
We combine personalized wealth management for executives, business owners and their families with institutional consulting for corporations, non-profits and family offices. With the experience to help to manage your complex financial needs and a commitment to engaging each generation of your family, we offer thoughtful advice dedicated to ensuring your independence and building long-lasting relationships.
Our office locations
Lawrence DePaulis has been recognized as an industry leader
- On Wall Street Top 40 Advisors Under 40, 2016
Four of our financial advisors are Senior Portfolio Managers, three hold the Certified Financial Planner™ professional designation, two have the Chartered Financial Analyst® designation, others include a Certified Exit Planning Advisor™, a Certified Investment Management Analyst™, a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor™ , a Certified Portfolio Manager® and a Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS®).
Financial planning for each generation
A goals-based approach for long-term planning
Managing your wealth goes beyond managing your money. Our disciplined planning process begins with a series of meaningful conversations. By actively listening, we’ll discover what’s important to you and work together to establish a comprehensive plan.
- Empowering your financial decisions. We see ourselves building a business plan for your personal life. This includes creating metrics to measure success and providing context for all important financial decision-making at each stage of life.
- Affluent families. Families with significant wealth demand a flexible, customizable platform, along with a broad array of family office-like services. We provide a dedicated process to bridge the generations within a family in order to create continuity and deliver a structure that is focused on preserving wealth and creating opportunities.
- Estate planning strategies. We can work with your attorney and accountant to help with protecting your assets, reducing estate tax exposure, and transitioning wealth to future generations.
- Safeguarding multigenerational wealth. We understand the connections between wealth and family. We’re committed to helping each generation prepare for the responsibilities that come with significant wealth through education, advice and networking opportunities.
- A lifetime financial strategy for you and your family. We are committed to building long-lasting relationships. By monitoring and adjusting your plan, we strive to optimize your strategy to help ensure we keep pace with fluctuating markets, changing tax laws and your evolving family needs. Critical elements of our planning process include:
– Retirement income planning
– Family needs planning
– Credit and lending
– Business succession planning
– Executive compensation
– Insurance and liability management
“Individuals and families count on us for our knowledge and customized solutions. It all starts with a plan.”
— Shannon Mikus
Customized portfolio management
Insights that drive informed investment solutions
Our discretionary portfolio managers can tailor your asset allocation and risk management to your unique situation. With an eye on independent due diligence, diversification and risk monitoring, we’ll help make sure you are prepared for opportunities and protected in times of market turbulence.
- The perspective to make wise financial decisions. Tapping the collective wisdom of our credentialed team, in conjunction with the deep resources of UBS, helps to ensure that independent due diligence, diversification, and risk monitoring form the foundation of your financial success.
- Portfolio management focused on asset allocation. Our team works with you to determine an asset allocation strategy customized to your goals. We tailor your asset allocation, focusing on the investment mix that’s right for your situation.
- Steady guidance for managing risk. By listening and aligning with your objectives, we focus on strategies that help mitigate risk. We communicate regularly and track performance, rebalancing and making adjustments for life changes and economic conditions.
- Leveraging our institutional consulting experience. When putting together a family’s investment strategy, we leverage our fiduciary experience working with large companies to provide a disciplined and repeatable process.
Liquidity. Longevity. Legacy.
Our approach starts with questions and a discussion that help us focus on what’s really important to you. Then, we can help you organize your financial life into three key strategies: Liquidity—to help provide cash flow for short-term expense, Longevity—for longer-term needs and Legacy—for needs that go beyond your own.
“Tremendous changes continue to transform the economy. We filter out a lot of the noise that can confuse even the most sophisticated investor so you can use your resources effectively to create more opportunity.”
— Lawrence DePaulis
Understanding your business
Business expansion, succession and exit planning
Knowing who to work with in your important periods of business transaction and transition can make all the difference. Whether you need to raise capital, sell your business or manage the liquidity from a sale, we can provide access to the technical expertise for handling all the details and ensuring your transactions are carried out smoothly and efficiently.
We can help you evaluate the value of your business and plot the best way forward. If you’re ready to transition or exit your business, we’ll help you understand all aspects of this life changing event that could result in one of the most significant liquidity transactions you’ll ever make.
- The right strategy. After our careful assessment, we’ll help determine the best forward strategy for your business. Our goal is to help secure your financial well-being so we’ll work with you to evaluate each option and educate you on the right strategy for your situation.
- Ready to exit? Our process offers detailed modeling clearly illustrating what it would look like to sell to a strategic buyer, sell to an investor, sell to employees through an ESOP, transition to the next generation or liquidate your assets.
- Succession planning. We create customized cash flow models comparing the economic benefits of a taxable installment sale and a tax deferred sale to an ESOP using Section §1042 of the IRC.
- Lending solutions. Through the extensive UBS Banking resources, you can access innovative solutions such as securities-backed lending, mortgages and tailored financing.
“Our process helps educate business owners on the value of their business and tax-efficient exit strategies so they can preserve and pass on the wealth they’ve worked hard to create.”
— Joseph Drier
Institutions and organizations
Understanding the unique challenges of companies, nonprofits and family offices
We offer a structured approach designed to help companies better manage their retirement plans and we are keenly aware of the different needs of nonprofit entities. We see our role as problem solvers who take the time to fully understand your organization’s unique financial situation and deliver a plan that fits with its specific needs.
- Retirement plan consulting. We help plan sponsors maximize the benefit to employees. Our experienced team keeps up with changing regulations, stays on top of requirements and designs retirement and incentive programs to attract and retain top talent. With complicated benefit packages—as well as potentially complex tax consequences—employees need specialized advice.
- Foundations and endowments. Endowments, foundations and not-for-profits come to us with a range of financial challenges. We have extensive experience providing insight and advice to investment committees and trustees for a variety of organizations. Our services include:
– Investment policy development and review
– Asset allocation modeling
– Ongoing consulting and performance measurement
- Family offices. Partnering with the UBS Global Family Office group, we seamlessly integrate comprehensive wealth management with institutional-level business solutions for family offices. In addition, our Family Advisory group offers advice on family decision making, business and generational transitions, wealth transfer and family office governance.
- Fiduciary responsibility. Fiduciary liability is a primary concern for many organizations. We will acknowledge our fiduciary role for services provided and help you develop an investment process to address fiduciary obligations.
“Our approach is dedicated to helping you and your organization get the guidance and insights you need to accomplish your goals.”
— Timothy Fortune
Our client’s best interests are deeply rooted in our approach
Our highly integrated team works closely together, shares knowledge and maintains accountability for all our clients. While you may work directly with a specific point-of-contact, you can turn to any member of the team as specific needs arise.
By offering high-touch service, our goal is to simplify your life with a customized client experience. We stay on top of the latest financial thinking and share that expertise through regular reviews, performance monitoring and in-person meetings.
- We work for you. Our team always puts your needs first. Going above and beyond the expected, we offer a highly personalized experience that is responsive and flexible to your needs.
- Proactive communication. We work diligently to anticipate your needs. We stay on top of the latest and most prudent financial thinking and share that expertise through regular calls, review meetings personalized to your schedule, one-to-one counseling and informative educational events.
- Client service professionals. Clients rely on our attentive and detail-oriented service professionals for a host of financial and administrative needs. We are tenacious about resolving outstanding issues.
- Coordination with your other advisors. We will work with your accountants, attorneys and other trusted advisors. Together we will present integrated strategies in order to help achieve your strategic goals.
“We care about deepening relationships with our clients, who count on us for exceptional, personalized service that simplifies their lives. Our mission is to create a one of kind client experience that celebrates small details and major milestones.”
— Nancy Ham and Laura Revasz
Learn more about us