The Princeton Retirement Consulting team is committed to providing comprehensive services to help you manage and optimize your organization’s 401(k) and Defined Benefit retirement plans. We provide a broad, comprehensive range of services specific to your complex needs.
Our experienced team works with you to keep up with changing regulations, stay on top of requirements and ensure your plan is attracting and retaining top talent. Our services are transparent, direct and focused on outcomes while minimizing administrative burdens. We do this by focusing on three central tenets:
- Plan health. We apply thoughtful, relevant strategies to optimize your plan
- Fiduciary governance. We work closely to assist in addressing your fiduciary responsibilities
- Retirement readiness. We help ensure your participants make informed financial decisions
Chad Goerner has been recognized as an industry leader.
- Princeton Retirement Consulting, PLANADVISER Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisors, 2018
- Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Managing and optimizing your retirement plan
We help you evaluate indicators of plan health, recommend key tactics to optimize your plan and assess the progress of your plan enhancements. In this way, we can help maximize your plan’s effectiveness and model how plan feature changes can impact participants’ retirement income.
- Plan benchmarking review. Plan sponsors need to have a clear understanding of what participants are paying, and what they are receiving for those fees.
- Model plan feature enhancements. Illustrate the impact of plan enhancements, including automatic enrollment, automatic deferral increase, employer match program, minimum deferral rates, loans and hardships, and others.
- Record keeper search and selection. If a change to the record keeper is required, our team has extensive experience in implementing 401(k) platform transitions.
- ERISA 404(c) compliance checklist assistance. Complying with ERISA Section 404(c) may shield sponsors of retirement plans with participant-directed investments from liability for poor investment decisions made by plan participants.
- Defined Benefit Plans. We use Liability Driven Investing (LDI) with an asset allocation glidepath bringing a disciplined approach to managing your plan’s liabilities. We work with our clients to determine the appropriate level of LDI assets for their portfolio coupled with investments in a diverse group of asset classes to optimize the balance between risk and return.
Outsourced CIO (OCIO) model for Defined Benefit Plans
Access the combined resources of our Institutional Consulting team and UBS Asset Management (UBS AM). UBS OCIO enables you to retain oversight of your DB Plan while delegating the day-to-day management of your investment portfolio to UBS. UBS AM’s investment professionals will help create and manage a portfolio of active, passive investments that reflects your organization’s IPS while incorporating LDI. Additionally, delegating investment discretion will allow UBS to act upon market developments an efficient manner.
Please contact us for more information on this innovative Defined Benefit Plan strategy.
Management for your investment and fiduciary obligations
Fiduciary liability is a primary concern for many institutional clients. We can provide ongoing support for reviewing and evaluating plan expenses and fees, as well as help you manage fiduciary documentation. We acknowledge our responsibility in writing as defined in Section 3(21) of ERISA and will help you develop an investment policy statement to address fiduciary obligations. In addition, we can provide 3(38) discretionary fiduciary services.
- Development/review of Investment Policy Statement. Our team can work closely with you to help you develop a formal policy that reflects your objectives and risk requirements, while setting parameters for investment selection and evaluation.
- Independent investment reviews. Our investment review process helps ensure no investments have fallen outside the parameters of the Investment Policy Statement.
- Target Date Fund and Participant Glidepath Analysis. Target Date Funds are among the most utilized investments and their oversight is a critical part of your fiduciary process.
- Objective investment advice. Our compensation structure is not determined by the investments you select and we are platform-independent.
- Manager search and selection. Three critical elements of a successful investment manager search: a disciplined selection process, consistency in applying that process and skilled search professionals to implement the process.
Customized plan participant education
We can develop educational programs that are highly personalized and specific to your employees’ concerns, and questions. As your employees approach retirement, we understand they have very specific needs and concerns and we’ll help keep them informed about useful trends we are seeing in the industry.
Our comprehensive process is tailored to address all of your employees’ retirement plan consulting needs, including plan transitions. We help participants by:
Assessing the state of plan education:
- Current participant education strategy
- Provider education services
- Plan demographics and participant educational needs
Addressing participant needs:
- Customized participant education strategy
- Education through workplace seminars
- Ongoing financial education
Providing important resources:
- Brochures and worksheets
- Educational seminars
Our proactive, project management approach
We can help support your HR team to help alleviate administrative burdens and streamline plan management. We manage our plans with a clear project timeline and actively address plan deficiencies.
Our coordinated and streamlined approach offers a centralized HR for 401(k) plan management:
- Single point of contact
- Coordination of resources
- Cost efficiencies
- Saves time
Please contact us for more information on this innovative Defined Benefit plan strategy