“We strive to stay true to our word and do what we say we’re going to do. It’s a simple philosophy, but in business, it’s often easier said than done. Our clients deserve and receive nothing less.”
— Allen Saunders
Dedicated. Passionate. Accountable. That’s how our clients describe us.
Each day, those words inspire us to deliver the advice they need to pursue important goals and simplify their complex financial world. We believe our diverse experience—in planning, investing and corporate retirement services—provides all of our clients with a strategic approach to achieving financial well-being. More important, it provides them with nimble financial advocates who act quickly and methodically on their behalf as life events, markets or business conditions demand.
Allen Saunders has been recognized as an industry leader
- Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, 2019
- Financial Times, Top 400 Financial Advisers, 2018
- Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 2017, 2019
- Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors, 2017
- REP. magazine and WealthManagement.com Top 40 Wirehouse Advisors Under 40, 2013, 2014, 2015
- OnWall Street, Top 40 Under 40, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
Our commitment to strategic philanthropy: UBS Optimus Foundation
We can help your wealth make a difference
Because many of our clients choose to use their wealth as a catalyst for positive change, we are proud to introduce them to the UBS Optimus Foundation, a unique structured global network of charitable foundations that focuses on the priority needs of children. The Foundation makes strategic investments in health, education and child protection—and the most promising approaches to address them. UBS supports all of its administrative costs so that 100% of donations go directly to funding programs that improve the lives of children.
Comprehensive wealth management solutions
Our team makes a real impact on the lives of successful families, business owners and senior executives by guiding them through major life events and helping them preserve and pass on their wealth. Using a defined process that sets clear objectives and expectations, we hope to be the one financial resource you’ll ever need to find answers to your questions and the right path toward your goals.
Are you prepared to live 30 years or more in retirement?
The longer you spend in retirement, the greater the impact these decisions can have on your retirement lifestyle and the value of the estate you leave behind. With the extensive resources of UBS, as well as our team’s retirement plan consulting experience, we offer an important planning perspective and insights to help you bring your retirement vision to life.
What is the best way to pass on your wealth?
Our team has the knowledge and experience to help you build a comprehensive estate plan for transitioning assets to future generations. Within your plan, we may recommend tax-efficient structures, such as trusts and philanthropic vehicles that address wealth preservation and liquidity needs. Because family involvement is also critical, we can facilitate meetings with you and your loved ones to develop a family vision for what you would like to accomplish and prepare the next generation for carrying on your legacy.
Are you maximizing the value of your stock awards?
Many of our clients have built substantial wealth through the ownership of shares in a publicly traded or privately held company. We’ll work with you to navigate these transactions so you can maximize the value of your award and simplify your financial life. Our advice addresses:
- Restricted stock award management
- Stock option execution
- The sale of privately held or public shares that are subject to Rule 144
- Risk management of concentrated positions
- Liquidity planning
Is it time to step back from your business?
We have experience guiding many business owners and their families through transition events. Our process takes you from the first stages of exit or succession planning through the completion of your sale. Post sale, we can also design a personalized liquidity management strategy that will help you pursue your future financial goals in the most tax-efficient manner.
Managing retirement plan complexities and driving plan effectiveness
The retirement landscape is evolving like never before. With longer life expectancies, greater employee responsibility for retirement savings and increased governance over fees and sound investment processes, how do you manage the growing complexity of your plan while striving to meet the needs and goals of your participants?
With our deep resources, experience and insight into the retirement plan industry, our team can work with you to address the unique objectives of your program so you can make each fiduciary decision with confidence.
Our clients include organizations of all sizes, but each relationship receives customized advice and knowledgeable consulting for these aspects of their plan:
- Design a program that is appropriate for the organization (defined contribution plan, defined benefit plan, nonqualified defined contribution plan)
- Consider various plan design features
- Incorporate aspects of The Pension Protection Act of 2006 (PPA)
- Develop an Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Design a well-diversified investment menu
- Conduct quarterly reviews of plan investments
- Defined criteria for watch list, removal, and replacement of plan investments
- Evaluate the target-date funds offered
- Consider guaranteed income products
- Identify plan costs
- Determine if plan costs are reasonable
- Identify strategies to potentially reduce costs
- Educate fiduciaries on their ever-changing roles and responsibilities
- Provide relevant information for decision making
- Create and maintain a detailed history to document meetings and changes to the plan
- Ability to take on co-fiduciary status under Sections 3(21) or
3(38) of ERISA
- Coordinate and present group education meetings and webinars
- Provide a dedicated toll-free number so employees can access our team
- Available for onsite visits to meet with employees on a one-on-one basis
- Work with plan sponsors to identify their needs
- Evaluate service providers every two years
- Coordinate the conversion process to a new provider if needed
Our disciplined process puts you on the right path toward your goals
Whether you are seeking a well-designed 401(k) program for your employees or a retirement income strategy to help create the comfortable retirement you’ve earned, you’ll benefit from our methodical planning process that will guide you each step of the way.