“With a broad scope of services, we help simplify your complex financial life so you can focus on what you're most passionate about.”
The Broad Group is a team with extensive industry experience who understand the challenges you face at each of life’s important personal and business milestones. That understanding forms the foundation of our core values: we offer a family office environment designed to help simplify your financial life by providing comprehensive advisory services, specialized wealth management planning, sophisticated credit solutions, estate and philanthropic planning and multigenerational wealth transfer strategies.
This holistic approach enables our team to build strong relationships with a highly select number of individuals, families and business owners. Located in New York City, the financial capital of the world, we provide direct access to powerful resources and customized solutions within UBS Wealth Management and the UBS Investment Bank. Beyond sophisticated, opportunistic investment strategies, our team can assume the day-to-day management of your family’s affairs.
Count on our team to be:
- Collaborative—we’ll work closely together, providing regular contact that keeps you informed
- Confidential—we build client trust by being discreet and by ensuring confidentiality
- Accessible—responsive and quick to resolve any issue, we’re here for you for every need, large or small
- Accountable—we meet and manage expectations with consistent communication strategy
A family office structure for each generation
Families with significant wealth, like yours, demand a flexible, customizable investment platform, along with a broad array of family office-like services. We provide a dedicated organization that bridges the generations within a family in order to create continuity and deliver a structure that is focused on preserving wealth and creating opportunities.
Our team can help organize and manage all aspects of your financial world. We will work closely with your family and key trusted advisors to:
- Create a comprehensive wealth management strategy designed to prepare each family member to collectively manage, sustain and grow their wealth across multiple generations.
- Coordinate a wide range of wealth preservation services, including investment management, credit, estate and philanthropic planning.
- Provide a clearly articulated, efficient family governance framework for investment decision-making as well as family legacy and business leadership succession.
- Deliver concierge services that include access to private trust services, document management, family member support, financial education and wealth transfer planning.
- Help ensure confidentiality and privacy for all family members, allowing the head of the family to protect the family's interests and manage numerous risks.
Building a strategy based on your priorities
The foundation of our investment strategy comes from the expertise of both internal and external sources, combined in an integrated and systematic process. These resources include institutional research, sales and trading, and the firm's wealth management CIO and UBS Investment Bank, which help to shape our team's comprehensive view of investing. In conjunction with a complete under-standing of your priorities, we draw upon all of the firm's resources to provide tangible results.
- Custom investment solutions from an open architecture platform. Our unbiased view on in-vestment manager selection allows us to implement portfolios with managers that have the highest potential to consistently outperform their benchmarks and peers, while managing risk.
- A disciplined process focused on asset allocation. Through our comprehensive due diligence and planning process, we can determine your family's goals, growth and income needs, and tolerance for risk. This allows us to craft a long-term asset allocation that is flexible enough to take advantage of tactical opportunities in the market.
- Tactical investment opportunities. We source, vet and monitor investment managers through our disciplined process, ensuring that we develop customized strategies based on highly focused research. We incorporate alternative investments such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate into portfolios where appropriate.
- Risk management. We build customized portfolios that help to mitigate risk and help to achieve your goals. As we implement your investment strategy, we communicate regularly and track performance, rebalancing and making adjustments for life changes and economic conditions.
Understanding your unique borrowing needs
We appreciate that your borrowing requirements can be unique and often call for special attention. Our team can work with you to structure credit and lending solutions designed to complement your overall wealth management objectives.
By fully understanding your needs, we can work with you to assemble all the necessary information and coordinate with various groups within UBS to structure transactions that offer the most benefit to your situation. We can provide quality, highly competitive solutions, including:
- Securities backed lending
- Unsecured loans
- Art and aircraft lending
- Business and commercial real estate lending through our investment banking relationships
- Additional lending solutions to meet your unique needs
A road map for long-term success
As anyone who has ever built a business knows you have to start with a plan. The same is true of your family's wealth.
Our integrated wealth management planning approach seeks to understand your individual needs and make sure that your financial decisions reflect both short-term desires and long-term goals. Because of our background as Certified Financial PlannerTM professionals, as well as our firm's core focus on wealth management, we have the resources to help you and your family address the specific and uncommon issues that come with personal and business success.
- Empowering informed financial decisions. Our planning process begins with a series of meaningful conversations focused on understanding and prioritizing your personal and professional goals. We then work with you to establish a business plan for your personal life, creating metrics to measure success and providing context for all important financial decision-making.
- Advanced planning. We have the experience and the network to address the complexities of your advanced planning needs. We advise clients on protecting their assets or business ownership, reducing estate tax exposure through the use of lifetime gift tax exemptions, transitioning wealth to future generations or pursuing philanthropic goals.
- Family governance and multigenerational strategies. A family governance system helps you navigate the intersection of family, business, finance and legacy continuity. Issues such as estate planning, business leadership transition and family fairness can best be addressed through a structured process. We facilitate family meetings to discuss building strategies that serve current generations and are flexible enough for the needs of future generations.
Casey Kriedman has been recognized as an industry leader
- Forbes America's Top Women Advisors, 2020
- Working Mother Magazine Top Wealth Adviser Moms, 2018, 2019, 2020
Carryn McLaughlin has been recognized as an industry leader
- Forbes America's Top Women Advisors, 2020
- Forbes America's Top Next Generation Wealth Advisors, 2018, 2020
- Forbes Best-In-State Next Generation Wealth Advisors, 2019
- UBS Top 35 Under 35, 2018, 2019
Our office locations
1285 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
299 Park Avenue
8th, 9th, and 11th Floor
New York, NY 10171