Trust and confidence are true drivers in the relationships we build with our clients. Understanding them—their needs, concerns, priorities and expectations—is essential to earning that trust. Every day we work to strengthen that commitment. As a result, we're proud to be the go-to team they choose to manage their financial world, so they can enjoy their wealth, and focus on living the life they love. Our goal is to craft customized wealth strategies built to serve each client's priorities through cyclical markets.
About Roderick von Lipsey
Leadership inspires confidence
Rod is no stranger to decisive leadership and strategic collaboration. A former active duty Marine fighter pilot, decorated combat veteran, staff member of the White House National Security Council and aide to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Rod continues to earn the trust and respect of his colleagues and clients worldwide. Today he provides compelling leadership as a Managing Director at UBS Financial Services Inc., where he founded his Private Wealth Management practice in Washington, DC, The von Lipsey Team.
“Trust and confidence are paramount drivers in our work for clients. Understanding clients—their needs, concerns, anxieties, ambitions and aspirations—is essential to earning that trust. With it, our goal is to craft customized wealth strategies built to serve each of our client's most important priorities.”
— Rod von Lipsey
As Chief Investment Strategist for the team, Rod focuses on portfolio construction, particularly with Private Equity solutions, and market analysis to identify short- and long-term investment themes, risks and challenges.
- UBS Private Wealth Management Midwest Complex Director, Chicago, IL
- UBS Private Wealth Management Branch Manager, Washington DC
- Senior Vice President – Investments, UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Vice President, Goldman, Sachs & Co.
- Barron's and National Association of Board Certified Advisory Practices (NABCAP) recognition as one of the Washington, DC region's "Top Advisors"
- Series 3, 7, 9/10, 66 securities licenses
- Life, health and variable annuity insurance licenses
- M.A, Catholic University of America
- B.A., English, U.S. Naval Academy
- Rod is deeply committed to philanthropy
- He has help leadership positions in the National Security community
- He is active in the art community (collector and mentor)
- Rod is the proud parent of three elementary school boys (International School community)
- He is an avid skier
AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MT, NC, NJ, NY, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA
About Brett Goldstein
Beyond investment management
While Brett brings extensive capital markets and business development experience to The von Lipsey team, he combines his technical expertise with a real passion for building client relationships. Working with successful families and individuals, he focuses on providing fixed income solutions, but also looks beyond their investment needs to their longer-term planning priorities—family, legacy and philanthropy.
“I’m in the business of giving financial advice, but the reality of what I do everyday goes well beyond the financial. I get to know my clients, understand what gives them joy and what creates concern . My advice focuses on how I can help enhance the joy and minimize the worry.”
— Brett Goldstein
Brett also leads the team’s outreach to and coordination with clients’ attorneys, accountants and professional services partners to align their advice and recommendations.
- Institutional Government Bond Trader, Vice President, HSBC
- Institutional Government Bond Trader, Director, UBS Securities, LLC
- Regional Middle Market Institutional Sales, Director, UBS Financial Services
- Private Wealth Advisor
- Graduate, Wharton School Private Wealth Executive Education Program
- Series 7, 63,65 securities licenses
- B.A., The Maxwell School of Syracuse University
- Brett is a member of the Syracuse University Washington D.C. Regional Council
- He is a board member of Bnai Tzedek Congregation
- He is married and the proud father of two boys.
AL, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, HI, IL, LA, MA, MD, MI, NC, NY, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI
About Thomas Hulse
Keeping a strategic eye on the markets
Focusing on risk management and portfolio analysis for the team, Tom's role includes investment due diligence and oversight, primary and secondary market research and financial analysis. Working with many of the team's most respected pension, endowment and private clients, he creates risk-managed asset allocations and identifies appropriate investment opportunities.
“Clients are the center of our world. We are a full service investment manager and our responsibility is to deliver the entire scale and scope of UBS.”
— Thomas Hulse
Tom was also a key partner in helping to establish the Private Wealth Management footprint in Washington D.C. His insight into the needs and goals of successful families, individuals and institutions has proven invaluable to The von Lipsey Team.
- UBS Private Wealth Management, Washington, D.C.
- UBS Financial Services, Beverly Hills, CA
- Financial analyst, Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Series 3, 7, 66 securities licenses
- M.S., finance, George Washington University
- B.A., business administration, Pepperdine University
- When not working, Tom loves spending time with his family.
- He also enjoys playing chess, tennis, running and mountain biking.
CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, MT, NJ, NY, PA, SD, TN, VA
About Robyn Wicks
Efficient and client-centric service
Robyn is the team’s Client Service Associate and chief administrative officer. From providing all aspects of operational support to day-to-day client data management, account queries and maintenance, bank to bank transfers and receipts, she keeps The von Lipsey team running smoothly and efficiently.
Robyn also maintains the team’s market research distribution and client reporting processes.
CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, KY, MA, MD, MT, NJ, NY, PA, SD, TN, VA
Seamless account integration and data analysis
Hayes is the team's newest Client Service Associate. She supports the processes of onboarding, administration and maintenance of client accounts and third-party managed account strategies. In addition to providing quality assurance for investment performance and data reporting, Hayes helps our clients experience a seamless transition to UBS and our team.
When not working Hayes is an avid skier, traveler, and loves to watch the sports teams of her alma mater – the University of Virginia.