Whether you oversee a 401(k) plan that needs to fund successful retirements, an endowment that must meet obligations for decades to come or your own family’s legacy, you need a serious approach to the task at hand. We connect money with its purpose, designing customized strategies for complex financial needs.
Since 1984, we have worked with companies, institutions and ultra high net worth families to understand and address their complex goals. They know us to be knowledgeable, proactive and professional. We have more than $38 billion of assets under advisement and serve as financial advisors to more than 100 organizations and retirement plans nationwide.1 We help investment committees, trustees and multigenerational families fulfill their responsibilities with confidence.
UBS Institutional Consulting Group - Northwest has been recognized as industry leaders.
- Barron's Top Institutional Consultant, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
(Trent Sanden and Shawn Hintz )
- PLANADVISER Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers, 2016, 2017
Retirement Plan Consulting Services
Your road map to a more successful plan
As a plan sponsor, you seek to fulfill your fiduciary obligations and deliver a comprehensive and cost-effective retirement plan to your employees. We are experienced retirement plan consultants who can help you streamline plan administration, attract and retain talent and prepare your employees for a comfortable retirement.
Our approach focuses on helping you in three key areas:
- Fiduciary governance to help you manage your responsibilities and reduce liability
- Plan health to optimize your plan by applying new strategies and pursuing cost efficiencies
- Retirement readiness that empowers participants to make more informed financial decisions
Our retirement plan consulting services include:
- Investment policy statement development
- Fiduciary acknowledgement
- Manager search and recommendation
- Performance monitoring
- Fee analysis and benchmarking
- Plan design assistance
- Vendor searches, including record-keepers
- Participant and trustee education
We draw on key resources from UBS, such as:
- UBS Financial Wellness Center—an online resource designed to empower plan participants and improve retirement readiness
- ERISA Extra—a quarterly newsletter
- Insights for Fiduciaries—a series of quarterly whitepapers
Objective advice to strengthen your organization
As someone with responsibility for a corporate pension fund, corporate reserves, endowments or foundation, you face circumstances that are unique to your organization. Our team has the skill and perspective to align investment strategy with financial obligations, positioning your organization to pursue its mission.
Our team includes several Senior Institutional Consultants who have decades of experience tackling complex challenges and designing strategies for highly specific needs. We seek to use the most current information and best practices in the service of the foundations, corporate pensions, corporate reserves, public retirement plans, municipalities, and Native American tribes and corporations whom we call clients.
Our institutional consulting services include:
- Spending policy assistance
- Asset allocation development
- Investment policy statement development
- Investment manager research and due diligence
- Investment review
- Customized performance reporting
- Corporate cash management
- Nonqualified retirement plans
Our clients benefit from the services we offer as part of UBS, one of the world’s largest wealth management firms.
We also deliver the firm’s insights and resources, such as:
- UBS House View—a monthly investment guide from the Chief Investment Officer of Wealth Management Research
- Washington Weekly—a publication that explains and interprets significant policy developments
Private Wealth Management
A holistic approach to your family’s wealth
Your family has achieved success and security, but you want to maximize the positive impact of your legacy for this and future generations. We design custom strategies that address all aspects of our ultra high net worth clients’ financial lives, translating their vision into a plan.
The families we serve quickly become much more than clients. We enjoy forging close relationships with them by learning about their hopes and concerns. Our approach includes working collaboratively with their tax and legal professionals so that nothing is overlooked. The client experience is critical to us, so we offer high-touch service and open communication.
Our wealth management services are driven by a financial plan strategy and include:
- Family advisory
- Tailored investment strategies
- Cash flow modeling
- Tax minimization strategies
- Banking and lending services
- Insurance and liability management
- Wealth transfer strategies
- Asset allocation
UBS provides financial services to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide. We can provide you with access to the firm’s full network of seasoned professionals and important programs on your behalf:
- Portfolio Advisory Group constructs customized investment portfolios that employ quantitative analysis and research-driven asset allocation
- Advanced Planning Group offers comprehensive guidance for complex wealth planning, including tax mitigation and estate planning strategies
- UBS Family Advisory and Philanthropy Services provides personalized advisory sessions and in-house research, enabling your family to develop your own philanthropic approach and strategy
- Young Successors Program helps the next generation prepare to inherit wealth by providing a forum for thoughtful discussions, as well as workshops on key topics