With today’s retirement plan landscape marked by ongoing change, it all adds up to a greater focus on fiduciary responsibility and new management challenges for plan sponsors.
We take a collaborative approach to helping you address these challenges. And, working together, I can chart a path to help you manage plan complexity. We stand ready to help you and your participants meet the challenges of today’s world.
Bruce and Bernadette Lanser have been recognized as industry leaders
- Bruce Lanser, PLANADVISER Top 100 Retirement Plan Advisers, 2019
- Bruce Lanser, Financial Times Top 401 Retirement Plan Advisors, 2015, 2017, 2018
- Bernadette Lanser, NAPA Top Women Advisor List, 2016
Hands-on retirement plan guidance
Our process begins the moment you engage us. We focus on learning everything we can about you and your organization. Our approach is hightouch and responsive because that’s the only way to provide you with customized solutions. And because we’re backed by the vast resources of UBS, we offer you a viewpoint grounded in a global perspective.
Before you can determine how to pursue your goals, you need to understand where you are today. We can:
- Assess your current situation and make appropriate recommendations for the future
- Evaluate your risk and reward profile to come up with a plan that meets your investment objectives
- Assist in creating an Investment Policy Statement (IPS) that we can regularly review and amend to reflect any changes in your outlook or circumstances
Your organization has a unique set of values and goals, and your asset allocation should reflect that. We can:
- Compare expected risk, return and correlation across traditional asset classes by using parameters identified in your Investment Policy Statement (IPS)
- Assist in developing a strategy we can adjust over time to manage your risk exposure
- Structure your portfolio to reflect the philosophy of your organization
- Analyze alternative strategies using portfolio optimization models, economic forecasts and proprietary capital markets assumptions developed by UBS
Making sure your managers and investment strategies are aligned is important to your plan’s success. We can:
- Identify and recommend appropriate investment vehicles, both active and passive, that match your organization’s philosophy
- Analyze current manager performance to determine if adjustments are needed
- Screen and identify prospective managers who better reflect your organization’s investment philosophy, risk management and style adherence
- Monitor managers for adherence with qualitative and quantitative criteria
Institutional consulting requires depth and insight. Once we’ve established a relationship with you, we’re there for the long term. We will:
- Review your portfolio performance to determine if strategy changes are needed
- Discuss portfolio adjustments based on objective analysis of strategies and types of investments
- Share information on global and domestic economic outlooks, as well as capital market trends
- Educate your fiduciaries on current market trends to help them make more informed decisions
Backed by the global strength of UBS
The UBS Institutional Consulting Group provides objective, insightful advice to help institutions of all types and sizes manage their assets. we specialize in serving mission-based organizations, government agencies and corporations. The personal relationships we build with clients are long-term and collaborative. And our disciplined consulting process is backed by the capital strength and resources of one of the world’s leading wealth management firms.
The proof is in our numbers–
UBS Institutional Consulting Group
The resources of a global leader–