From our five locations in Los Angeles, Orange County and San Diego, Wise River Advisors provides comprehensive wealth management and investing solutions to ultra-affluent individuals and families, partnerships, endowments and foundations. Our clients have entrusted us with over $6 billion.
Most of our clients come to us after experiencing a life changing liquidity event and many are members of the Forbes 400, entrepreneurs, CEOs of major public companies, media and sports figures, owners of private companies and non-profit entities.
Our team draws upon the combined talents and efforts of 20 individuals. The breadth of our group enables us to provide clients a holistic wealth management experience, delivering thoughtful solutions encompassing all aspects of their financial lives.
Many advisory teams attempt to be all things to all people. Our mission, however, is to provide a select group of clients with the independent thinking and exceptional service that significant wealth demands. Over our 23 years as a team, we have developed a sophisticated and time-tested investment process that seeks to provide our clients with attractive after-tax, inflation-adjusted returns over time while minimizing risk.
Wise River Advisors is a distinguished group within Private Wealth Management at UBS.
Our team at a glance
- The lead members of our team have worked together for over 20 years
- Combined our partners have over 160 years of collective experience in the financial services industry
- Wise River Advisors currently addresses over $6 billion, with a median account size of $20 million
- We have developed an investment process that leverages the unique experience of each member of our team as well as the vast resources of UBS. Each team member has a clearly defined role and specific expertise that contributes to our process.
- Our clients include several members of the Forbes 400, entrepreneurs, Fortune 500 executives, venture capitalists, prominent figures in the sports and entertainment industries, nonprofit organizations and owners of leading private firms
Transparent, unbiased and independent advice is at the heart of our value proposition. All of our recommendations are driven by the best interests of our clients.
The open investment platform within UBS enables our team to draw upon expertise and investment strategies wherever they are housed. Nearly all of the investments we hold for clients in ETFs, mutual funds or separately managed accounts are held with non-UBS managers.
Our team centers our business practices around 7 key principles:
- Our primary mission is to educate and advise a select group of substantial clients and to assist them in achieving their financial goals.
- We will always place our clients’ interests first, knowing that if we do so our own interests will follow.
- While we are interested in expanding our client base and growing our business, serving our existing clients will always take precedence over acquiring new clients.
- We will strive to leverage each team member’s individual and unique talents to maximize the quality of the client experience.
- Although we cannot control the returns generated by the financial markets, we can completely control the level of thought, planning, service, and care we provide to each of our clients.
- Responsive, comprehensive, and accurate communication with our clients and each other is at the heart of our value proposition.
- Every client, regardless of size, is important and deserves the highest level of service and attention.
Because we have intentionally built our practice around a small and select group of clients, we are well-positioned to provide greater communication, responsiveness and customization.
Keeping our practice to a limited number of clients enables us to coordinate more effectively with your professional advisors and, without exception, to serve you as if you were our only client. In every aspect of our clients financial lives, we strive to deliver the highest level of professionalism and to meet our clients needs in every way possible.
The exclusive resources of Private Wealth Management
As one of the premier Private Wealth Management teams at UBS, we are well-positioned to provide you with the insights, advice and resources you deserve. Our strategies and offerings are designed to address our clients' complex and expansive needs:
- Investment management
- Trust and estate planning strategies
- Tax-efficient hedging and diversification strategies
- Next generation education and guidance
- Philanthropic consulting services
- Credit and banking
- Access to family office services
Backed by the global resources of UBS
With more than 150 years of wealth management expertise at its core, and drawing upon an integrated mix of investment banking and asset management businesses, UBS focuses on providing relevant guidance, differentiated global perspectives and diverse strategies and solutions for private, corporate and institutional clients worldwide. We access the deep resources and wealth management expertise of this firm to deliver the trusted financial advice our clients seek today to confidently move forward.
The Wise River Advisors have been recognized as industry leaders
- Mark Binder, Forbes/SHOOK America's Top Wealth Advisors, 2018, 2019
- Mark Binder, Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, 2018, 2019
- Mark Binder, Financial Times Top 400 Advisers, 2015, 2016
- Mark Binder, Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Mark Binder, Barron’s Top 1,000 Financial Advisors, 2012 , 2010
- Craig Chiate, Forbes Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, 2018, 2019
- Craig Chiate, Financial Times Top 400 Advisers, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Craig Chiate, Forbes/SHOOK America's Top Wealth Advisors, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Craig Chiate, Barron's Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Craig Chiate, Barron’s Top 1,000 Financial Advisors, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Craig Chiate, On Wall Street Top 40 Under 40, 2008
- Scott Harries, Financial Times Top 400 Advisers, 2019
- Glenn Oratz, Barron’s Top 1,000 Financial Advisors, 2011, 2013
- Austin Del've, Forbes America's Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisor, 2017, 2018, 2019