Successful people and their families need sophisticated solutions in a concise and actionable format. Katz Wealth Management is deeply experienced at helping our clients navigate the ever-changing complexities of financial planning and investment management through every type of market environment. Led by Jason Katz, the #1 High Net Worth Advisor in New York by Forbes (Best-In-State, 2019), our team-based approach and global resources give us the perspective to deliver comprehensive advice and customized financial strategies.
Why work with us?
- We’re a boutique practice backed by the full resources of one of the world’s largest wealth management firms
- Our team of 15 investment professionals includes four Certified Financial Planner™ professionals, four Certified Investment Management Analysts®, two Chartered Financial Analysts® and a Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist
- Through our solution set and comprehensive planning process we can address both the asset and liability of your personal balance sheet
- Located in the UBS New York City headquarters, we have access to the firm’s thought leaders and decision makers
- We can provide the confidence that comes from a team who truly cares about you and each generation of your family
“Whether building a business, protecting your lifestyle
in retirement or planning your legacy, we are a team of
dedicated professionals who share your vision, earn your
trust and work diligently to help you achieve your goals.”
— Jason Maxwell Katz
Jason Katz is proud to have been recognized as an industry leader
- Ranked in Barron’s “Top 100 Financial Advisors” 2018 – 2019
- Ranked in Barron’s “Top 1,200 Advisors” 2014 – 2019
- Ranked in Barron’s “Top 1,000 Advisors” 2010 – 2013
- Ranked in Financial Times “Top 400 Financial Advisers” 2013 – 2014, 2017 – 2019
- Ranked in Forbes “America’s Top Wealth Advisors: Top 100” 2016 – 2018
- Ranked in Forbes “Best-In-State Wealth Advisors” 2018 – 2019
- Ranked in On Wall Street’s “Top 40 Under 40” 2008 – 2009
- Ranked in Registered Rep’s “The Top 100 Wirehouse Advisors” 2007
Katz Wealth Management is proud to have been recognized as an industry leader
- Ranked in Barron’s “Top 50 Private Wealth Advisory Teams” 2019
Jason M. Katz in the media
Just as his clients count on him for financial advice, Jason is a frequent media contributor on a variety of subjects regarding personal wealth management, financial market commentary, and portfolio strategies. He’s been a featured guest speaker on CNBC, Bloomberg TV, Fox Business Network and Yahoo! Finance as well as a number of national and international publications.
- Fox Business News – "Varney & Co." (June 2019)
- Bloomberg – "Bloomberg Markets: The Close" (May 2019)
- Yahoo! Finance – "The Ticker" (May 2019)
- Fox Business – "Countdown to the Closing Bell" with Liz Claman (April 2019)
- Yahoo! Finance – "The Ticker" (March 2019)
- Bloomberg – "Bloomberg Markets: The Close" (February 2019)
- Fox Business – "Countdown to the Closing Bell" with Liz Claman (February 2019)
- Bloomberg – "Bloomberg Markets: The Close" (December 2018)
- Fox Business – "Countdown to the Closing Bell" with Liz Claman (November 2018)
- Fox Business – "Countdown to the Closing Bell" with Liz Claman (October 2018)
- Bloomberg – "Bloomberg Markets: The Close" (October 2018)
- Fox Business – "Countdown to the Closing Bell" with Liz Claman (September 2018)
- Fox Business – "Countdown to the Closing Bell" with Liz Claman (July 2018)
- Barron's – "Reframing the Retirement Picture" (May 2018)
- Fox Business – "Closing Bell w/ Liz Claman" (April 2018)
- Fox Business – "Closing Bell w/ Liz Claman" (March 2018)
- Financial Times – "Wealth advisers assess impact of Trump tax overhaul" (March 2018)
- On Wall Street – "Client Won the Lotto? Why They'll Need Help with More Than Just Finances" (August 2017)
- Fox Business – "Mornings with Maria" (August 2017)
- MarketWatch – "Don't Buy a House – and Other Financial Tips for NBA Rookies" (July 2017)
- Worth Magazine – "Sudden Wealth and Young Athletes" (June 2017)
- Fox Business – "Closing Bell with Liz Claman" (April 2017)
- On Wall Street – "How to Talk to Clients About President Trump" (November 2016)
- Private Wealth Magazine – "Pro Athletes: The Clients Who Scoff At Risk" (September 2016)
- The Washington Post – "U.S. Stocks Drop Significantly to Close the Week" (January 2016)
- New York Times - 'Supersavers' Focus on the Goal (November 2015)
- CBS News, MoneyWatch – The Secrets of America's "Supersavers" (November 2015)
- Time Magazine – "HBO's Ballers Puts Financial Advisors in the Limelight" (July 2015)
- The Wall Street Journal – "How Big, Round Market Numbers Influence Investors" (February 2015)
- The Washington Post – "How to Pass Money on to Your Children" (November 2014)
- The Wall Street Journal – "More Clients Using Securities-Based Loans" (May 2014)
- The Wall Street Journal – "Sudden Wealth: Ensure That Today's Windfall Lasts" (May 2014)
- Planadviser.com – "Exchange-Traded Funds - Future Funds" (May 2014)
- Financial Times – "Wealthy Investors’ Alternative Direction" (March 2014)
- The Wall Street Journal – Gender Diverse Boards Draw Investors (February 2014)
- Bungei Shunju – About the Big Money and Baseball Players (January 2014)
- The Wall Street Journal – Big-Name IPOs May Lure Individuals (September 2013)
- On Wall Street – "We Were Also Victims of the Crisis," Says UBS Advisor (September 2013)
- On Wall Street – "Key Retirement Trends for Advisors" (September 2013)
- New York Times – From a Prominent Divorce in the Affluent Class, Lessons for All (August 2013)
- Investment News – Athletes Finish Out of the Money (August 2013)
- CNBC – "Talking Numbers with Mandy Drury" (June 2013)
A team approach
Each member of our team has a specific role and responsibility. But beyond our specialties and experience, you have the strength of a dedicated and accessible team eager to solve your most pressing challenges.
Each generation of your family can rely on our high-touch service. We’re committed to simplifying your financial life with a broad professional network and a consistent approach to managing your wealth.
Simplifying your life
Whether you’re a time-stretched business owner or a risk- and tax-aware retiree, simplifying your life is critical so you can focus on the things that are most important in your life.
Customized client service
We’re responsive and attentive. Our long-lasting relationships are built on steady and supportive service. Our entire team is on hand for you, offering regular contact, personal touch points and ongoing reviews.
Bringing together the best resources
We are trusted by our clients to work directly with their accountants and estate attorneys. This close relationship with your other advisors, as well as our network of financial experts, means we can incorporate all perspectives into one integrated approach.
Safeguarding multigenerational wealth
Because we understand the connection between wealth and family, we’re committed to having a multigenerational impact on your life. Attuned to protecting the financial independence of your entire family, we can help structure a deliberate and meaningful family legacy and direct capital to reflect your values.
We demystify financial planning. We listen carefully and help make sure you are asking the right questions. Are you spending too much? Are you saving enough for retirement? For college expenses? We’ll work with you to help figure out which dials need to be turned to achieve your goals. It’s that simple.
Our solutions can be unique as the families and business owners we work with. You articulate your goals and we’ll help you figure out the steps for achieving them.
Our process begins with a series of meaningful conversations. We’ll work together to help you and your family define what success looks like, at all stages of life.
A fully coordinated plan incorporates trust and estate planning strategies, retirement modeling, cash flow and spending analysis, education planning and asset protection.
Through our planning process, we determine your family’s goals, growth and income needs, and comfort with risk. This allows us to craft an asset allocation that maintains an opportunistic eye toward investments and changes in the market.
We view insurance as an important part of planning to help protect your family’s assets, replace income, and create a legacy for future generations and philanthropic beneficiaries. We objectively analyze all your current policies—including long-term care—to determine whether they meet current and future needs.
We take into account both sides of your balance sheet—assets and liabilities—to understand your entire financial picture. For those looking to access liquidity, we have financing solutions based on a fundamental belief that borrowing should be no less strategic than investing.
Managing life transitions
We are trusted to deal with our clients’ most sensitive financial issues, whether that means planning for a growing family, educating and protecting future generations, transitioning to retirement, managing the financial impact of a divorce or the loss of a loved one or planning an estate.
Professional investment management
We’re at the center of the investment process. As discretionary portfolio managers, we tailor your asset allocation and risk management to your unique situation. That’s how we help make sure you are prepared for opportunities and protected in times of market turbulence.
Our direct access to global resources offers timely perspectives, customized investment planning and a fully integrated suite of financial solutions.
Customized portfolio management
We are qualified to offer discretionary day-to-day management of your assets based on training, experience and commitment to client service. This stems from our ability to transcend the capabilities of the traditional financial advisor and bring institutional analysis and investment management to you.
By listening and aligning with your objectives, we focus on strategies that help mitigate risk and build diversified portfolios. As we implement your investment strategy, we communicate regularly and track performance, rebalancing and making adjustments for life changes and economic conditions.
We make investment decisions objectively and deliberately, without any conflicts of interest. We consider all investment vehicles as potential tools for building a customized investment portfolio using a disciplined product selection process.
Insights and analysis
With access to CIO Americas, Wealth Management, our global research organization, we can help you make informed financial decisions based on the most relevant insights for your situation.
Corporate 401(k) services
We help plan sponsors maximize the benefit to employees. Our experienced team keeps up with changing regulations, stays on top of requirements and designs retirement and incentive programs to attract and retain top talent. With complicated benefit packages—as well as potentially complex tax consequences—employees need specialized advice.
Katz Wealth Management